Start by creating a test affiliate:
This is the best way to understand Tapfiliate from the affiliate's perspective is by accessing the affiliate dashboard yourself. For more information on the usefulness of creating an affiliate, please refer to this article.
Important things to know:
Here are the most important things you need to know about the affiliate/publisher side of Tapfiliate:
- When an affiliate is signed up (and if you have the automatic notifications of your program enabled), they will receive a welcome email with their referral link and temporary password. They can use this to log in.
- Note: The above only works if you have the automatic notifications of your program enabled. You can find the notification settings in Programs > Select a program > Settings > Notifications.
- You can also disable these notifications and create custom email notifications in the Triggers section of your account. You can read more about customizing trigger emails here.
Affiliates Added Manually
- If you add affiliates manually or through the API, they will also receive a temporary password.
- Affiliates will need to log into their dashboard to indicate their payout method from the options you offer.
- Note: If your affiliates do not define a payout method, their payouts will not be included when you generate a payment file. Additionally, they will receive an automatic notification every time you generate a payment file, asking them to log in and define their payout method.
Affiliate Welcome Message
- Remember that you can also add a welcome message to the affiliate dashboard here. This can also be used for updating or informing your affiliates about new updates, assets or other important details pertaining to
Standard menu items on the affiliate dashboard:
- Dashboard: Home page.
- Reporting: This is very similar to the merchant reporting area, with several options and filters to display the affiliate performance data.
- Assets: On this tab, affiliates can see the assets you've added, all of which are ready to be shared. Affiliates can also modify their referral link. Note: The Assets icon will appear greyed out until you approve the affiliate.
- Conversions: The list of all the conversions they have driven.
- Sources: Affiliates have the option to add which websites they'd like to create Assets for, so that they can easily discern where the clicks or conversions come from. This article explains how they can add sources.
- Payouts: Affiliates can follow up on the payouts of their commissions here.
- Profile icon: By clicking here, affiliates can change their profile information, change the language for their dashboard, change their password, and log out.
Optional menu icons:
- Programs: If an affiliate is taking part in more than one of your programs, they will have this option instead of Assets, so they can enter the specific asset wall by selecting the program first.
- MLM: If you have Multi-Level Marketing activated, your affiliates will also have an option to grab the link to invite new sub-affiliates, as well as the option to view their downline.
- Bonus: If you are a Pro subscriber, you may have set up bonuses. If so, this area will show affiliates the specific bonuses they are earning.
Special cases: Affiliates taking part in several programs from the same merchant
- In these cases, the Assets wall and MLM options will be grouped per program.
Please contact our support chat if you have any other questions.