The best way to explain how our negative commissions feature works is with the following example:
- An affiliate creates a conversion with $10 commission. At this point, the affiliate's balance is $0.
- When the commission is approved, the affiliate's balance becomes $10.
- When the affiliate's balance is settled (paid out), the affiliate's balance goes back to $0.
- If a refund happens for the order/conversion, you can disapprove the conversion/commission tied to it.
- After disapproval, the affiliate's balance becomes -$10.
Note: that setting up negative commissions is only possible if the affiliate has already been paid out the commission for the conversion that's being disapproved.
To read more on where and how you'd manage this, refer to this article.