How are balances calculated?
Balances are calculated as follows:
- All approved commissions minus paid out amounts
This means that if there are changes in commissions that have already been paid out, the change will become reflected in the affiliate's current balance.
- An affiliate creates a conversion with $10 commission. At this point, the affiliate's balance is $0.
- When the commission is approved, the affiliate's balance becomes $10.
- When the affiliate's balance is settled (paid out), the affiliate's balance goes back to $0.
- If a refund happens for the order/conversion, you can disapprove the conversion/commission tied to it.
- After disapproval, the affiliate's balance becomes -$10.
Note: An affiliate's balance will be set back only if they've already been paid out the commission for the conversion that's being disapproved.
To read more on where and how you can modify or disapprove a commission, refer to this article.