Mailchimp is one of the most popular and important marketing tools out there. With this in mind, we've set out to create a Mailchimp integration that makes it easy to sync, communicate and keep engaging your affiliates and affiliate prospects.
What does it do?
When you connect Tapfiliate to Mailchimp, these two applications sync - an up-to-date list of affiliates & prospects (an audience) becomes available in Mailchimp. You can then send this audience curated email campaigns that keep your affiliates informed and motivated!
We've also added pre-made tags & segments that make it easier to create targeted campaigns.
We've created the following tags which can be used to send targeted emails to your affiliates:
- approved-affiliates - These are non-prospect affiliates that are approved for at least one program.
- affiliate-prospects - These are affiliate prospects that appear in your List of Prospects.
- affiliate-group-abc123 - If the user belongs to an affiliate group, they will also have this tag attached to them.
We will also create the following segments
- Affiliates - All (non-prospect) affiliates
- Affiliate prospects: All affiliate prospects that appear in your List of Prospects.
- Approved affiliates: All non-prospect affiliates that are approved for at least one program.
We've added two very useful Merge tag that can be used in your MailChimp communications and campaigns:
- Referral link
These tags will retrieve the coupon or link for the first approved program.
If they're not yet approved, then it will fetch the link for the first pending program.
We also have made other merge tags to help fetch the affiliate's information. You may find the full list of tags in Mailchimp by going to: Audience > Manage Audience > Settings > Audience fields and *|MERGE|* tags.
Integrate with Mailchimp
To get started, simply go to your account's Integrations page and scroll down to the Other Integrations section.
Click on the Mailchimp Integration to open the window, and click Connect.
Additional Mailchimp integration notes
You need a paying Mailchimp subscription
You need an account with multiple audiences/lists to be able to use this integration.
Mailchimp does not sync role-based addresses (email addresses starting in admin@, info@, support@, etc.). If any affiliates or affiliate prospects have a role-based address, they will be blocked and are not added to your audience list.
Keep in mind that the size of your audience determines the price of your MailChimp plan.
Getting an error?
If you're getting an error while attempting to connect with Mailchimp, this may be due to a variety of reasons:
- You may have already used all available lists in your paid plan.
- You do not have a plan that supports multiple lists.
- You do not have a paid Mailchimp subscription.
Syncing time is slow
If you don't see the full list of affiliates in Mailchimp right away, don't panic. We're moving around massive amounts of data into Mailchimp, so it can take some time for the full process to be complete.