With our Pro Plan, you have the option of setting up a custom domain for your affiliates to turn to when they're accessing the Tapfiliate platform.
When set up correctly, we automatically purchase an SSL certificate and install that on our end. This is included with the Pro plan. If your SSL certificate appears not to have been set, then there may be an issue with your CNAME set up.
Below we will go over some common issues involving setting up your custom domain alias and how to address them.
My SSL certificate isn't being generated
If the certificate isn't generated, it may be due to a number of reasons:
- The DNS settings need some time to propagate - after following the steps in our CNAME set up guide, please allow 24 hours for your new settings to propagate and for your new domain to become accessible.
- You're using Cloudflare - we have a dedicated section regarding these cases. Please read on below.
My custom domain doesn't work right away or isn't working
There may be a few reasons why the custom domain isn't working. If you're having trouble, we suggest the following:
- After indicating your custom domain in your platform, please allow 30 minutes for this to become live.
- Make sure your CNAME is pointing to your affiliate portal domain - you can find this and set it in your Branding Settings.
My HSTS subdomain isn't working
HSTS is not supported. Our SSL certificates can only be issued if you have an HTTP address.
If your subdomain address contains this, you have two ways you could proceed:
- Disable the HSTS subdomain.
- Get a separate subdomain without HSTS for your affiliate program.
I'm using Cloudflare
Cloudflare has a different way of configuring a CNAME setup, which you can find documented here.
For the SSL certificate to be generated, please ensure that you have the "Always use HTTPS" setting OFF. The certificate authority must check ownership of the sub-domain, which it does by checking a file over HTTP.
Using HTTPS will result in failure to generate the SSL certificate.