In this article we will discuss:
- What are Bonuses
- How you can set up your bonus
- When bonus rewards are generated
- How to approve bonuses your affiliates have earned
- An example of how it works
Bonuses - what are they?
There are many things that can incentivize your affiliates, but few are as effective as setting up a performance bonus.
You can reward your affiliates with a bonus if they reach a pre-determined goal during a certain time period. The goal may be achieved by:
- Reaching a certain amount of conversions
- Reaching a total conversion amount.
It's important to note that bonuses are not based on commissions.
Setting up your Bonuses
To set up your program's bonuses, you simply navigate to your Program > specific Program's Settings > Bonuses tab.
Once here, you can click on "Add bonus" to begin.
Your Bonus' basic information
A window will pop open, where you will begin to create your Bonus.
Here you will indicate:
- Title: Name your Bonus - we advise you choose something descriptive.
- Bonus form: Select between fixed bonus commission (they earned a fixed reward after achieving their goal) or a percentage-based bonus commission (an additional percentage reward).
- Bonus period: Select the interval for the bonus. This can be either a range you choose, or a calendar month/week (if you choose this, the bonus will run for a month/week and reset once the month/week is over).
- Target type: Select a goal for your affiliates to work towards. This can be either a total number of conversions, or total conversion amount.
Once you have set up your Bonus' basic information, you'll build the tiers.
You can set up as many tiers as you'd like.
Please note that Bonuses are not cumulative - the affiliate will receive only the reward corresponding to the tier/goal they've reached.
When are bonuses generated?
Bonus commissions will only be generated and attributed to the affiliate when the bonus period is over, and all commissions within the bonus period have been reviewed (approved or disapproved).
Commissions pending approval will not be counted towards the bonus.
How do I approve bonus commissions?
When someone has reached the set bonus target after commissions have been approved, we create a separate commission bonus.
These Bonus commissions need to be approved, in addition to the standard commissions.
This can be managed by going to the Conversions tab > Bonus commissions.
How do Bonuses work, exactly?
So, let's imagine the following example:
- You set a bonus goal: when affiliates reach 5 conversions or more, they will get an extra 5%.
- If the affiliate drives 7 conversions, a 5% would be added to all 7 conversions.
- Once the bonus period is over, you will approve any bonuses. For this affiliate, 5% bonus will be added on top of the standard commission for that period.
Bonuses are not cumulative - this means that the affiliate will receive only the reward corresponding to the tier/goal they've reached.
I recently approved/disapproved a commission, and my bonuses disappeared, Why is that?
In the case that there's been recent approval or disapproval of a commission, bonuses will be regenerated to account for these changes. Bonus regenerations happen every hour, so if you happen to have made some changes, the bonuses will reflect those changes the next time they are generated (within an hour).