Customized email notifications can be created on using our Triggers feature.
You could use triggers to automate several types of email notifications, like letting affiliates know when a commission or a payout is generated, or notifying yourself when an affiliate signed up for a program.
We have several events implemented which you can set triggers to, some of them are:
- Affiliate created: This can be the result of an individual (who was previously not an affiliate) signing up as an affiliate, or being manually added as an affiliate. You can distinguish who initiated this event by using the ‘initiator’ filter.
- Affiliate added to program: Each time an affiliate applies, or is manually added to a program. You can distinguish who initiated this event by using the ‘initiator’ filter.
- Affiliate approved for program: This event is triggered when an affiliate is automatically approved, or manually added to a program.
- Affiliate disapproved for program: This event is triggered when an affiliate is disapproved.
- Affiliate prospect created: This event is triggered when an affiliate prospect is created by an Affiliate recruitment source.
- Affiliate prospect promoted: This event is triggered when an affiliate prospect becomes an affiliate. There are several ways for a prospect to be promoted.
- Conversion created: This event is triggered whenever a conversion is created.
- Commission created: This event is triggered whenever a commission is created. This can be the result of a conversion, an automatic recurring commission, an MLM commission, or a commission added through the API.
- Commission updated: This event is triggered whenever a commission is (dis)approved or edited.
- Payment created: This event is triggered when an affiliate's balance is settled in Tapfiliate.
- Customer created: This event is triggered when a customer is created.
- Customer updated: This event is triggered when a customer's status has changed.
Note: If you are using the deprecated Payouts page, instead of the Payment created event, you'll see these two triggers:
- Payout created: This event is triggered each time a payout is created.
- Payout updated: This event is triggered each time a payout is updated (e.g. marked as ‘paid’)
You can assign filters to triggered events, too. The filters are different for each specific event. For example, the event ‘affiliate created’ has the filters options shown in the image below:
Setting up a new trigger email
- Access the Triggers feature.
- Press "+ New Trigger" button.
- Select the ‘event’ that will trigger the email.
- Add filters (optional).
- On the right-hand column, select the ‘Email notification’ action.
- Choose the recipient.
- Choose ‘Plain text’ or ‘HTML’ - be aware that if you choose HTML option, you'll have to format the email entirely. You can see an example of that here.
- Use merge tags to personalize the email or include additional information, such as the affiliate's referral link or coupon.
- Hit ‘Save’.
Got a team?
If you're using a Tapfiliate account as a team, you can share your triggers by toggling on the Share trigger button.
Keep in mind the following, however - if a shared trigger email's recipient is set to "Myself", all team members will receive the notification.