If your website is built using different components and you are not sure which integration you should follow, this is the article for you!
First, you need to know the following:
- Your website is either custom-built (developers coded the website themselves) or created using a platform (like WordPress, Squarespace, etc).
- You might also have integrated a shopping cart (like Shopify).
- Finally, you might be using a payment gateway (like PayPal or Stripe).
This leads to the question: What is the flow users follow on my website, and where exactly is the conversion happening?
- The conversion might be happening on your main website, or users might be redirected on checkout to the shopping cart, or to the payment gateway.
- Most of the times, this is indicated by the location of the thank you/success page - the last one users land on during check out.
- Example: if your users get redirected from your main, custom coded site to a Shopify checkout, you would need to use our Shopify integration guide.
Note: If you think you chose the right integration but you don't see any clicks or conversions being tracked, please check this article to check possible causes.