Deleting conversions and commissions is, unfortunately, not possible - unless you are using the API.
However, there are some things you can do to handle these cases, depending on whether you're using the Payouts Page or our new Payments Page.
Scenario 1: You're using the Payouts Page
- First and foremost, we advise our clients to keep the approval of commissions ‘on hold’ until the cancelation/refund period is over.
- If you have already approved a commission, you can always disapprove it, as long as you haven't generated the payout. If you have already generated the payout, you will first need to modify the payout in order to make the conversion and its commission(s) editable again, as explained here.
- If you keep the conversions disapproved, you can always filter them out in the reporting area. It is important to note that the default view is always for approved commissions.
Scenario 2: You're using the Payments Page
With our Payments Page, it's possible to manually set negative commissions on the Tapfiliate platform if you have previously settled (paid out) the contested balance with the affiliate.
In the case of a refund, return, or cancellation, you can do one of the following:
- If the commission had already been paid out to the affiliate, find the conversion and disapprove it. Our platform will detract that commission amount from the affiliate's outstanding balance.
- It's also possible to perform partial detractions by leaving the commission approved and simply editing the commission amount awarded for that conversion. The difference will be subtracted from the affiliate's balance.
Pro Tip: Regardless of the scenario that applies to you, it's considered good practice is to leave a comment in the commission to keep track of the reason why it was disapproved and why the affiliate's balance was set back.
Here’s how to do this: Dashboard > Conversions & Commissions > Click on the conversion > Scroll down to see the commission > Click on 'View details' > In the line 'Comments', click on the pencil icon. Write your comment and click 'Save'.